Our Second Year program seeks to disciple students to “sanctify Christ as Lord” in their hearts, both inside and outside the classroom (1 Peter 3:15).
Designed as a practical extension to the First Year program, this optional second year of study allows students to interact more closely with teachers and fellow students in classes geared towards a discussion-based format. Second year students are given greater opportunity to explore the Bible in a deeper and more concentrated setting.
Through a variety of means listed below, student get the chance to practice what they have learned in the First Year program.
- Leadership among the student body
- Service projects on the property
- Organizing and teaching at youth retreats
- Involvement in outdoor activities including climbing, camping, canoeing, biking and more
- Spring Break trip to Israel
The second year classes allow students to examine the Bible in a more “in depth” way, probing subjects that may have only been surveyed in the First Year program. Due to the smaller class size, discussions are easily facilitated, allowing students to interact more closely with teachers and peers. Monday-Thursday students attend morning lectures and spend their evenings doing homework, having fellowship with one another, or spending time with staff.
Passion Week of Christ
Three out of five weekday afternoons are devoted to serving staff and students through maintenance, housekeeping, office assistance, or cooking. Second years also serve as resident assistants in the dorms to encourage and mentor first year students in their relationships with Christ and with others. They may also have the opportunity to develop leadership skills by leading a group of first year students in a weekly outreach into the community.
We are excited to offer a spring break trip to Israel for our second year students! Cost is included in their tuition.
Spots are also available for others to join us in 2020. Contact us for more information!
Along with spending time in the classroom, second years will participate in outdoor activities organized by the staff for the sake of building relationships among the class while also giving an opportunity for students to observe how they respond to situations that may not necessarily be familiar territory for them. The Lord intends for us to acknowledge our need of Him as well as His availability and sufficiency to meet that need. This is the primary truth we seek to communicate through our outdoor activities in the second year program.
These activities include:
Applications to our second year program are accepted from students who have completed one year at His Hill or another Torchbearers Center and who are in good standing with the center they have previously attended.
If you have any questions or would like more information, please contact us!
Upcoming School Year Dates
Winter/Spring Term: January 8 – May 21, 2020
Full Year Cost: $11,975
Cost includes: tuition, books, room & board, fall mission trip, and a spring break trip to Israel.
For school rates and payment plan options, click here
Fall Term September 11 – December 12, 2019 (13 weeks)
- Opening dinner: Wednesday, September 11th at 6:00 PM
- Fall Missions Trip: September 29th – October 4th
- Thanksgiving Conference: November 26th – 29th (invite your friends and family!)
- Fall semester closing dinner: Thursday, December 12th 6:00 PM
- Departure for Christmas break: Friday, December 13th
Winter/Spring Term January 8 – May 21, 2020 (19 weeks, including spring break)
- Opening dinner: Wednesday, January 8th at 6:00 PM
- Spring break: Wednesday, March 11th 12:30 pm – Sunday, March 22nd 6:00 PM (Missions Trips are offered!)
- Closing banquet dinner: Thursday, May 21st at 6:00 PM (students are allowed two guests unless another student shares their spots. Reserve early!)
- Departure: Friday, May 22nd